Yesterday it was “Madhouse Monday,” at least that’s what I called it. Corky “The Wallpaper Hanger” worked all day on “Project :: Masterbath” hanging my Fornesetti wallpaper in Aquario. It’s finally happening, and frankly it’s been about three years since I first spied the Cole & Sons wallpaper gracing the walls of the Kips Bay Showhouse in NYC. Now it’s going up in Casa B. in time for our big reveal next week on One Kings Lane. I’m so excited to see it on the walls that I might be speechless for the remainder of the day. One of my readers asked me last week if they missed the final post about “Project :: Masterbath,” and actually you didn’t. We had some stops and starts and some unexpected challenges, so look for the BIG REVEAL on February 6th for Taylor Burke Home’s #styleitchallenge. We’ll also showcase all the fabulous product provided by Kohler in more detail next week. It’s all about Project :: Masterbath. So look for daily updates on Instagram http://instagram.com/theaceofspaceblog.com. We are finally in the home stretch and as I told Mr. B last night, I am bubbling over (pop open the Champs!) that it all came together. It’s truly a labour of love. Next week I’ll be going through serious design withdrawal when the flurry of activity comes to an abrupt end. Then the crews are gone, and I have no one to share a cup of coffee with in the morning (and maybe an occasional donut). What’s up next? It’s going to be the master-bedroom… (fabrics and furniture). More about that later.
Starting today we are going to do a weekly round up of our favorite design elements, and it’s going to be called “Objects of Desire.” It’s purely about design, no favorite shoes or perfume in the mix (which could possibly fill up pages). We will always be a Design & Entertaining Blog. It’s scheduled for every Tuesday, we decided to switch it up a little from “An Ace Up My Sleeve.” There are so many innovative products, it would be a shame not to share what I find with my readers. Our goal is to always inspire others to create beauty in their home, and my files are so full of wonderful things that deserve a mention or a design blog “shout out.”
“The Ace of Space’s” Objects of Desire
1. Walker Zanger Tile :: During KBIS15 the leader in luxury tile came out with some stunning new introductions-www.walkerzanger.com
2. Who doesn’t need a dose of Jonathan Adler’s “happy”? Formica just introduced another way to bring Jonathan into your home with the Jonathan Adler Collection, it features 9 chic designs in 3 patterns. Perfect for countertops, accent walls or cabinets, www.formica.com
3. The Bell Light from Avenue Road, designed by Sebastian Herkner. With an array of sockets and shades to choose from this pendant provides a subtle modern edge. www.avenue-road.com
4. I absolutely love the Bell Table from Avenue Road, available in a myriad of colors this table adds a modern element to any space www.avenue-road.com
5. These Infused Veneer Panels from B & N Industries are not only eye-catching, but offer a unique and impactful solution to more traditional wall-coverings. Imaginary graphics are infused onto various wood-species veneers www.bnind.com
6. I have a pet-peeve which is toilet paper covers, this option is stylish and functional. The Helsinki Euro Toilet Paper Holder from signaturehardware.com (Yes, I ordered several for our house).
7. The market is flooded with simple stainless steel pulls and knobs for the kitchen. The Richelieu Collection introduced a more contemporary offering with these matte black pulls www.m.richelieu.com/us
8. Unique bathroom shelving is hard to find, so when I spotted this polished chisel edged marble shelf I ordered one before they go out of stock. www.signaturehardware.com
Those are some of my fabulous picks for the week.
♠♠♠ Also don’t forget to cast your vote for our Blog. We are a finalist in two categories at the Design Bloggers Conference for Best Overall Design Blog & Best Writing On A Design Blog. A million thanks to all those who support me and follow the blog. We need your votes to be an Inductee. You can click on the link and vote here: design-bloggers-conference.com ♠♠♠
Until next time,
BE INSPIRED. BE AMAZED.
You can also follow the buzz on Social Media here::